Thursday 18 September 2014

Manchu Emperor

I have been working on and off on this figure for several years now. More recently, following a critical look at this piece, I decided to rework it substantially. The scale bothered me. The figure stands about 70mm in height (1/28 scale), making it larger than the other figures in my 1/32 scale. The facial features were too elongated. The helmet was too tall and the spike was slightly off-centre. The pose was not right for me. Finally, a yellow imperial robe would be much brighter than the sombre red robe.




I cut the figure off at the knees, cut off the hat spike, and filed down the height of the hat. I am now working on the facial features. The figure was trimmed about 1 cm off at the knees and the boots were reattached to create a different pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment