Monday 15 June 2015

Beneito Catholic King & Queen 2

After studying the pieces for a while, I came to the conclusion that elevating Ferdinand's height would increase the figure height to 70mm. The queen is currently at about 65mm. This would make the pair look out of scale in my collection.

I finally decided to remove about 1 cm from the queen figure. The lower metal portion was hacked away and the base was filed smooth to level the figure. I have taken pics of the queen figure all around as a reference to redoing the lower portion of the gown. The king was similarly lowered in height.

The original base was not well-made. The tiles were outlined with a knife and the distortion when the lines were made can be seen in the final sculpt. The rug is ugly and has no physical thickness. I intend to improve on this base. I also had to cut down the book pedestal height.







No comments:

Post a Comment