Sunday 6 September 2015

A slew of potential figure conversions

I opened yet another box containing lots of figure conversions started many years back which were abandoned or overlooked for other projects. In looking them over again, they seem to present further potential projects. I am tinkering with them now and if they do show promise, I'll start separate threads for them.

 
This strange alien conversion is actually a proposed Mandan Indian buffalo dancer. It was converted on a leftover Historex nude from which I had used the legs for another piece.



The Historex Napoleonic sapper. I was happily converting the piece into a stout figure when I realised that I had overdone the facial features. Look at those coptic eyes!

 An easy Drum major conversion based on Historex parts. Well, it looked dull and was abandoned then.
 Two seven years war conversions done at different times, but with surprisingly similar outcomes. I usually trim the Historex legs to arrive at shorter figures.

 This is a Napoleonic messenger from the Imperial Headquarters. The legs are slightly awkward and would need to be reworked.



 An early NCO Historex resin kit. The body is very stout (similar to a B. Leibowitz sculpt) and the figure appears too tall.

 A New Hope Design figure of Andre Massena. I tried to portray him as a very short man and was stumped by the boots then.

 Baron Larrey, chief surgeon in Napoleon's Army. He was reputedly one of the shortest man in the army and this was the abandoned project.

 A negro mounted kettledrummer or mameluke. I wanted to sculpt my own torso details.

 Another proposed boy musician. Mostly Airfix parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment